Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Uraboku - Anime

This anime reminds me of X, pitting near-brothers against each other. It's very emo. It's a bishie festival. The characters have an inescapable tragic fate. Yet with all of this angst, I still like it.

Summary from Wikipedia: "Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious power. Right after he was born, his mother left him near an orphanage, and he was later found. Because of that event, Yuki strives for independence. He hates being a burden to anyone near him, but at the same time, he is afraid of being left alone. Moreover, ever since he can remember he had a strange ability where when he touches others, he can feel their emotion. Unable to control it, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. He later meets with a mysterious yet beautiful man who saves his life, but somehow he feels so nostalgic, like he's met him before. While death threats and his ability increasing, a man who claimed to be his older brother suddenly appears, so what will Yuki do when he learns the truth?"

At this point, I'm on episode 16. There are episode summaries here at Wikipedia. I've gotten pretty lazy lately, so I don't feel like writing a summary myself, just some notes.

I like it, even though it's moving slowly. The bishies (especially Luka) don't hurt, but I find the story quite interesting, particularly that the main character was a woman in all of his previous lives. If you didn't know this, you would think that there was a whole lot of gay stuff going on. Oddly enough, I find myself really wanting Yuki to hug Luka, but only that much. Any more than that would be gross. I'm looking forward to seeing how this will turn out. When the anime is over, I'm going to read the manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment