Sunday, July 4, 2010

Giant Killing

The East Tokyo United football team was a raging success, until the star player, Takeshi Tatsumi, took a job overseas and left. The top players in the club left one after another and, before long, the team was relegated to the 2nd division. With a lot of struggle, ETU managed to make it back into the 1st division, but are in danger of falling back down. Ten years after he left, Tatsumi is brought back to ETU as its coach. He was able to bring a team of amateurs in England to the point where they were winning matches against pros. Can he do the same thing with East Tokyo United?

Okay, enough with the summary. I watched the first episode on a whim. The fansub group I get Kaichou wa Maid-sama from also subs Giant Killing. I saw that it was also on Crunchyroll, so I thought I'd check it out. It's a bit slow sometimes, the art isn't really my style (huge honkers!), and it's about soccer.  Somehow I still like it. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment