Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blood+

Blood+ was a recommendation from my sister. She was very excited about it, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm sorry to say that I can't share in her enthusiasm. I started watching Blood+ on July 6th and I just finished the last episode. Considering the speed at which I usually watch anime, this is incredibly slow. In keeping with my recent laziness, I'm not going to write a synopsis since you can find all the info you want at Wikipedia.

Hagi was undoubtedly the best character, but his passiveness was a bit irritating. I was glad to see the allusion to his survival at the end of the series. Saya was freaking annoying. I wonder how many times she said the line "Diva." throughout the series. Dang. I find it incredibly freaky that Diva did it with Riku. I mean, he was just a kid. Ick. Kai was incredibly irritating with his "I'm going to protect you no matter what" attitude, followed by his complete lack of capability to do so. The ending was okay, but not incredibly satisfying. It would have been better if Hagi had returned to Saya before she went back into hibernation. The music for the series was incredible. However, I can't say that I enjoyed Diva's song, especially after all of the repetition.

So that's pretty much my take on it. Was it worth ~18 hours of my life? I don't know. I could have lived without it. I think I ended up finishing it just for completion's sake. It's not one I would consider buying, so I guess that's the answer right there. Overall, I think I'd give it a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment