Friday, July 9, 2010

Kuroshitsuji - Manga

As soon as I finished watching the anime, I started on the manga. I was actually quite surprised at the limited overlap of the anime and manga. The manga has very little about Ciel's past or his goals in humiliating his enemy. There is a lot less material, even though there are currently 46 chapters. It is released in a monthly magazine, so I can see how it will go much slower. Chapters 23 and on contain material that was not used in the anime, so maybe they will throw those stories in for season 2 of the anime. I particularly liked the circus arc. Don't know how they'd do that, though...

Random Note: Apparently Sebastian was voted 9th in a survey of anime guys that fangirls would want to marry. Gintama had 3 characters in the top 10, though (Gintoki, Sougo, and Hijikata). Apparently Gintama is the hottie anime.

2 comments:

  1. I'm about to buy it...but i've already watched it...so i don't know if it's worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth it. The manga is only the same as the anime for the first two volumes! And Kuroshitsuji is still being published in Japan.

    ReplyDelete