Monday, August 2, 2010

Kuroshitsuji 2 - Episode 4

I love love love this anime! If anyone reads this, you are hereby commanded to go read the manga, watch the first season, then watch the second season up to this point. This episode was so cool that I don't know where to start... If you want an episode summary, look here. I'll just be covering points that I thought were especially interesting. Forgive the plethora of screenshots, but I couldn't help myself.

I find Ciel's apparent amnesia disturbing. I'm wondering what Sebastian has up his sleeve.

I was quite amused that Sebastian nonchalantly tells Ciel that he met the pharaoh about a thousand years ago and that's how he knows the mummy is a fake. Ha! They meet the detective who looks exactly like Aberline. Of course, Ciel doesn't remember Aberline, which is very sad. Aberline almost brought him back to humanity... Anway, we find out that he is actually Aberline's twin brother and mentions that his brother often spoke well of Ciel. T_T Sebastian remains silent, with that little grin on his face, as usual. Gah, it's driving me nuts!!!

Then we see Claude in the dining car with them! Sebastian sees him, but doesn't mention anything to Ciel. I'm sure that Ciel knows nothing of his revival. His memories probably begin with the outing with Elizabeth in episode 2.

I love how Sebastian kicks the kidnapper out the window of the train. And how he flips the track switches with forks.

And how he teases Ciel about always getting kidnapped.

And how, after everyone bands together and comes up with a great plan, Sebastian says, "No. This is nice, but me alone is enough.".

And how he his head just plows through a stone bridge instead of being decapitated. And how he tears off the entire roof of the dining car and throws it off the train.

And how he stops the train with one hand.

Of course, Claude was in the dining car, but that's not something Sebastian would be concerned about, ne? Claude gives Sebastian an invitation to a ball at the Trancy estate, alluding that it would help Ciel get his revenge.

I love the preview for the next episode, too! I am definitely buying all of this stuff when it's licensed in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment