Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Special A - Manga

Basically the idea here is that the girl, Hikari Hanazono, has always been second place to Kei Takishima in everything they do. She has dedicated her life to beating Kei in anything she can. She works like crazy has yet to accomplish this feat. What she doesn't know is that Kei has been in love with her since they were children. Hikari is rather dense. She is a very good person and wants everyone, friend or foe, to be able to smile and have fun.

Shojo cliches abound. I like the two main characters and their odd relationship. The minor characters are pretty flat, though. I would say that there is only one that really seems to have a good backstory and character development. The story goes well for a chapter or two, then it drags for a while. I'm sure it could have been shortened without losing much. I am only on chapter 53 of 99, however, so I will reserve final judgement until the end of 99.

There is an anime adaptation which is 24 episodes. I'll probably end up watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment